In line with our own ESG initiatives and philosophy of Doing Well by Doing Good, the team at Cortus Advisory Group collectively decided that contributing to the environment through supporting a tree planting programme would be a good way of giving back.
We are very proud to share that the team at Cortus recently made a contribution to the Grow My Tree initiative for every one of the deals or projects completed in the last financial year which totalled 36 trees!
Planting a tree through Grow My Tree means supporting reforestation projects with a social impact.
- The effect of planting a tree for the compensation of CO2 emissions and climate protection is given worldwide regardless of where emissions are caused and emitted,
- In nurseries, the trees are initially sown and raised to small plants,
- The seedlings are planted in collaboration with local farmers and generate income and employment opportunities,
- The villages protect their new forests in their own interest,
- The sustainability of every individual project is very important,
- The trees are being planted in the Global South (e.g., Madagascar, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania),
- Every tree is certified and there is transparency about how and where trees are planted.
For further details about the initiative please take a look at https://growmytree.com/en/